Our tradition, declaring a moral obligation to care for our own life and health and to seek such care from others, clearly and strongly affirms that as a responsible steward of life one must never directly intend to cause one's own death, or the death of an innocent victim, by action or omission. Statement on Euthanasia, 1991
- Find ideas under "Corporal Work of Mercy: Pray for the Living and the Dead."
- Find ideas under "Corporal Work of Mercy: Visit the Sick."
- Fill out a Catholic Living Will and discuss your wishes with your family.
- Hold a living will workshop at your parish.
- Volunteer at a local assisted living center.
USCCB: Assisted Suicide Videos