Ask yourself: What do you like to do? What are your passions?
Self-identify your public speaking ability on a scale of 1-10
Can you work remotely or do you prefer to be at the office?
Can you work alone?
If something fits, please contact the Office at 503.233.8361 or email@example.com
- Write thank-you notes
- Call parishes and contacts for Quarterly Parish Respect Life and Social Ministry meetings
- Call parishes in advance of special events and advocacy issues
- Manage the social media presence of the Office with prepared content
- Write bulletin announcements that will be shared with parishes
- Data entry
- Create a parish phone bank
- Create online and/or paper surveys – such as a census survey – and summarize results
- Research and write grants for the Office
- Call parishes for CRS Rice Bowl orders (September – November)
- Volunteer for Office workshops and special events
- Create advocacy issue-based advocacy networks
- Become a trained Parish Ambassador and man a table at parish ministry fairs
- Table at parish, ecumenical and community events
- Attend the Quarterly Parish Social Ministry Meeting (1st Monday of February, May, August and November; 7:00pm), take notes and prepare a recap.
- Attend the Quarterly Parish Respect Life Ministry Meeting (Last Tuesday of February, May, August and November; 7:00pm), take notes and prepare a recap.
17a. Join the Life, Justice & Peace Commission (2 nd Monday, Sept – May; 7:00pm)
17b. Attend the Life, Justice & Peace Commission meetings (September – May; 7:00pm), take notes and prepare a recap.
- Join the Local Catholic Campaign for Human Development Commission (2nd Tuesday, September – May; 6:00pm) *Requires approval of Director, Pastor and Archbishop
- Join the Catholic Culture of Life meetings (2nd Monday; 5:30pm) *Requires approval
- Join the Local Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl Grant Commission (July-October) *Requires approval
- Join the Archdiocesan Commission for the Evangelization Through Laudato Si’ (1st Tuesdays, 4:30pm) *Requires approval
- Become a certified speaker to present on Catholic social teaching to parish groups
- As a certified speaker, call parish RCIA leaders to present on CST as candidates learn about the basic teachings and beliefs of the Catholic Church, during either formation or Mystagogy
- Present at one of your vicariate meeting of pastors and staffs
- Become a Vicariate Liaison with the Office; responsibilities include sharing communication from the Office, assessing the local concerns and sharing with the Office
- Mentor vicariate parishes without a parish ministry to get something started
- Organize and promote small vicariate community events for parishioners (not just leaders)
- Food fair
- Arts and crafts
- Holy Hops, Java Justice
- “World Cafes”, a structured conversational process intended to facilitate open and intimate discussion, and link ideas within a larger group to access the "collective intelligence" or collective wisdom in the room, where participants move between a series of tables where they continue the discussion in response to a set of questions.